Present a written argument or case to an educated reader with no specialist knowledge of the following topic:
Nowadays, the way many people interact with each other has changed because of technology. In what ways has technology affected the types of relationships people make? Has this become a positive or negative development?
It’s claimed that technology has recently altered how men and women interact with one another. Due to a reduction in face-to-face interaction, people are less able to spend time with their loved ones, which is detrimental to relationships.
Nowadays, most interactions between people take place online, which decreases face-to-face interactions. In other words, people have become so dependent on social media that they have forgotten about their family and friends. As a result, rather than engaging in face-to-face conversation, they are more interested in online relationships. For instance, a study conducted by the Times of India in 2014 revealed that the usage of modern technology in the last 10 years has resulted in a 30% decline in face-to-face engagement between people.
Because they are always occupied with their online pals and spend the majority of their time on mobile devices and social networking websites, people rarely spend time with their families. This means that people used to spend their free time with their families and participate in family events in the past, but that trend has altered as a consequence of technological advancements. As a result of the weakening of family bonds, it has turned into a negative development. For instance, a recent survey by the New York Times found that 70% of people spend their leisure time on their phones, while the remaining 30% spend it with their families.
In conclusion, technology has had a negative impact on relationships since It decreases face-to-face communication. and prevents people from spending enough time with their families.